gloine-logo-bg.png
Abbreviations used for studios/artists
docDocumentedPrimary source to support the attribution.
litLiteratureSecondary source to support the attribution.
sgnSignedThe window is signed with name, initials or mark.
attribAttributedA likely attribution.
defDefinitelyThe attribution is made with confidence.
Abbreviations used for dates
docDocumentedPrimary source to support the given date.
litLiteratureSecondary source to support the given date.
sgnSignedDate appearing on the glass along with the signature or mark.
inscInscribedA date formally painted as part of the inscription.
plaqPlaqueA date appearing on a plaque nearby.
memMemorialA date of death appearing either on the glass or on a plaque nearby; note that the date of installation of a window could vary greatly from the memorial date.
circaCircaA likely date.
close.gif
Desertlyn
St John
Reference: 010360
Group: Desertlyn
Diocese: Armagh

Moneymore
County Derry
Northern Ireland
ITM Ref: 685746,883606
OSIG Ref: 286384
GPS Ref: 54.693257,-6.669942 Show map
Parish Church
Surveyed: 2011-06-16

Large, aisled Norman Revival, 1832, by William Booth. Damaged by fire in 1889 and partially rebuilt by John Henry Fullerton in 1891. 5-bay arcades with polished granite columns. King-post roof.

Architects involved:
Booth, William Joseph (1795-1871)
Fullerton, John Henry (1844-1924)
Desertlyn
St John
Reference: 010360

W01
chancel; east
Three lancets, 3610mm x 840mm; 5200mm x 1180mm; 3610mm x 840mm.

Information in booklet at church is assumed to be transcribed from vestry minutes.

studio Shrigley & Hunt; Lancaster (lit)
date 1954 (lit)
from parish records, transcribed in church guide/history book

Iconography
Desertlyn
St John
Reference: 010360

W04
nave; south aisle; south; 3rd from east
One lancet, 2560mm x 1160mm.

Patronage: Given by Margaret Jackson.

studio Solaglas Caldermac; Lisburn (sgn)
date 1990 (sgn)

Iconography
Desertlyn
St John
Reference: 010360

W13
nave; north aisle; north; east-most
One lancet, 2560mm x 1160mm.

According to the guidebook this window survived the fire, the extent of which is described in Builder, 1891, vol. 61, p374, and was restored in 1959. The date '1858' quoted in the guidebook is no longer in the window.

studio Ward & Hughes; London (attrib)

date 1858 (lit)
Builder, 1859, vol.17, p.670

date 1858 (lit)
from parish records, transcribed in church guide/history book

Iconography